This Federal Investor Program is now know as the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program. To qualify under this program the applicant must meet all of the cafeterias listed below and plan to live outside the Quebec province.
Each Province has their own PNP Business/Investor program.
Personal Net Worth:
- The applicant must have a personal net worth of Canadian Dollars $10 million or more and it has to be acquired through lawful, private sector business or investment activities.
- The net worth acquired by inheritance or in the value of the primary residence will not count towards the personal net worth criteria.
- The applicant needs to obtain a due due diligence report at their own expense from one of the following designated service providers for the second stage review:
- BDO USA, LLP
- Deloitte Forensic Inc.
- KPMG LLP
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) LLP
- Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Consulting Inc
Non-guaranteed investment in a venture capital fund
The applicant must be able to make an at-risk investment (non-guaranteed) of Canadian Dollar $2 million in the IIVC fund for approximately 15 years if approved.
- The candidate must prove the language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 either in English or French (speaking, reading, listening and writing) taking a test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- The applicant need to include the original language test results when apply and the results must be less than two years old on the day CIC receives application.
- The applicant must have completed Canadian post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate of at least one year, or
- a equivalent, validated by an original ECA report from CIC-designated organization.