By Muga Rajbhandari, LLB, RCIC
If you do not have any criminal record under Canadian Criminal Code; currently living in the USA under TPS status, it should not impact you to immigrate to Canada. Depending on your profile you may be eligible to apply permanent resident of Canada under the following programs:
This is one of the fastest immigration streams to become a permanent resident of Canada. If you meet all of the following minimum requirements you may be eligible to apply:
- Skilled work experience: If you have worked in one of the below job groups for at least 1 year continuously:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B
- Language Ability: You must take IELTS general or CELPIP test and obtain Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 on all four abilities – speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Education: you must have completed secondary (high school) or post secondary school supported by an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Proof of Funds: You must show that you have enough money to settle in Canada.
If you meet all the above minimum requirements then your profile will be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Valid job offer
- English/French language proficiency
If you score 67 out of 100-point on the above factors then you may be eligible to apply under this immigration stream.
Once you are eligible to apply, you will be put into the Express Entry pool. If you have high enough Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points you are going to receive an invitation to apply for permanent resident. Almost every two weeks about 3,000 – 4,000 eligible candidates receive an invitation to apply for PR.
If you have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory and if you want to live in that province becoming a permanent resident you may be eligible to apply under PNP program. They target:
- Business people
- Skilled workers
- Semi-skilled workers
There are over 80 different options to immigrate to Canada. It really depends on your profile that includes your age, highest level of education, work experience, English/French language proficiency and adaptability (whether you have a family/friends in Canada or not).
We are a full service Canadian immigration firm specializing in Canadian immigration law. We have helped hundreds of clients successfully. Whether you want to come to Canada temporarily or want to apply for permanent resident we could help you to find a right option for you.
Call us at 905-766-9600 to set up an appointment to discuss your eligibility with an immigration expert.