By Muga Rajbhandari, LLB, RCIC
Do you have zero criminal record under Canadian Criminal Code? Are you currently living in the USA under TPS status? Is it expiring soon? Then depending on your profile, you may be eligible to apply permanent resident in Canada under the following programs:
This is one of the fastest immigration streams to become a permanent resident of Canada. If you meet all the following minimum requirements, then you may be eligible to apply:
- Skilled work experience: If you have worked in one of the below job groups for at least 1 year continuously:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
- Language Ability: You must take IELTS general or CELPIP test and obtain CLB 7.
- Education: you must also have completed secondary (high school) or post secondary school. It must be supported by an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
- Proof of Funds: You must also show that you have enough money to settle in Canada.
If you meet all the above minimum requirements then your profile will be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Valid job offer
- English/French language proficiency
If you score 67 out of 100-point on the above factors, then you may be eligible to apply under this immigration stream.
Once you are eligible to apply, you will be put into the Express Entry pool. If you have a high Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) point, you can receive an invitation to apply for permanent resident. Almost every two weeks, about 3,000 – 4,000 eligible candidates receive an invitation to apply for PR.
If you have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory in Canada, and you want to live in that province, you may be eligible to apply under PNP program. They target:
- Business people
- Skilled workers
- Semi-skilled workers
There are over 80 different options to immigrate to Canada. It really depends on your profile; your age, highest level of education, work experience, English/French language proficiency and adaptability (whether you have a family/friends in Canada or not).
We are a full service Canadian immigration firm specializing in Canadian immigration law. We have helped hundreds of clients successfully. Whether you want to come to Canada temporarily or want to apply for permanent residence, we could help you to find a right option for you.
Call us at 905-766-9600 to set up an appointment to discuss your eligibility with an immigration expert.