Study in Canada and Become Permanent Resident
If you want to study in Canada you must obtain a study permit.
Study in Canada Requirements:
You must -
- have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
- prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
You do not require a study permit, if
- a course or program is six months or less.
- if you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada
- if you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act
- if you are a citizen of another country who has Registered Indian status in Canada
If you are a full-time student having a valid study permit and studying at one of the designated learning institutions at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level; you may qualify to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks.
Two ways to stay in Canada after graduation:
Post-graduation work permit: A work permit may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years and it is not valid for longer than the study program.
Immigrate as Canadian Experience Class: Once you've graduated in Canada and have a knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience you may be eligible to apply to stay in Canada permanently under the Canadian Experience Class.
Whether you are seeking undergraduate studies, postgraduate schooling or something else, educational institutions around the world are offering world-class education for people far and wide.
We have partnered with more than 200 educational institutions form the following countries and will be able to provide you necessary advise and process your enrollment for your further study: