Apply PR through Interim Pathway for Caregivers

Posted on Posted in News

Who is eligible to apply?

Candidate must have:

  • a valid work permit under a home child care provider or home support worker,
  • applied to extend work permit and be waiting on a decision, or,
  • applied to restore status as a worker

Who is not eligible to apply?

You are not eligible for the interim pathway for Caregivers if your current work permit is in the live-in Caregiver Program.


You must have gained at least 12 months of full-time work experience since November 30, 2014, in Canada as a:

  • home child care provider
  • home support worker, or
  • combination of the above two


You must also take a language test and obtain a minimum CLB 5 on all bands. Your test results must be less than 2 years old at the time you apply.


You must have a Canadian Secondary School (high school) or equivalent foreign diploma. Foreign degrees must have an Educational Credential Assessment Report – ECA.

Government fee: $1040

Processing time: 12 months

Application Submission timeline: From March 4 to June 4, 2019

You can also submit an open work permit application along with your permanent resident application through this Interim Pathway for Caregiver program.

Contact us to find out your eligibility

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *