Canadian Experience Class

Posted on Posted in Federal Immigration, Immigration Options

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category that intends to help Canada’s temporary foreign workers and international graduates in obtaining Permanent Resident status. The CEC is a popular immigration path for individuals who are already living and working in Canada.

Minimum requirements

The applicant must:

  • have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
  • have gained enough work experience in Canada with proper authorization,
  • meet the required language levels needed for your job in each language ability (speaking, listening, reading, and writing),
  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Skilled Worker Experience:

The applicant needs to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. As per the Canadian National Occupational Classification, skilled work experience means experience in any of the following:

  • Managerial Jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
  • Professional Jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
  • Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades (NOC Skill Type B)

There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. However  if the applicant wants to earn points on the basis of education under the Express Entry system, the applicant either needs:

  • a Canadian Secondary (High School) or Post- Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree, or
  • a completed foreign credential including an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by any agency approved by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to show that the applicant’s education is equal to Canadian education standards.
Language Ability:

The candidate must:

  • meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 and A jobs OR CLB 5 for NOC B jobs, and
  • take a language test approved by CIC that states that the applicant meets the required level for speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Other requirements:

The candidate must be admissible to Canada and must plan to live outside of the Quebec province.

If you wish to discuss your eligibility Contact us.