If you are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, are admissible to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions you can apply for the parent and grandparent super visa. Dependents cannot be included in this application.
You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. You need to convince an officer on the following when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances,
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold, (see below)
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support for the parent and grandparent super visa,
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- have an immigration medical exam.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO), Effective from January 1 to December 31, 2018
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
|1 person (your child or grandchild)||$24,949|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,723|