The province of Saskatchewan has made a significant change in its International Skilled Worker System and recently introduced an Expression of Interest (EOI) on July 16, 2018.
Candidates can fill in an online application to express their interest in applying to the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP).
Anyone who is eligible under the Occupations In-Demand or Express Entry sub-categories could submit an EOI. They need at least 60 points out of 100 under International Skilled Worker (ISW) sub-category. They must also be highly skilled in an in-demand occupation.
Point Assessment (maximum points 100):
- Education and Training – 23 points
- Skilled Work Experience – 15 points
- Language Proficiency – 20 points
- Age – 12 points
- Connection to Saskatchewan – 30 points
Those who meet the needs of Saskatchewan’s labor market and immigration objectives are selected from the ISW EOI system. Not all who submit an EOI will receive an “Invitation to Apply” to the SINP. However, those with higher points will be prioritized.
How does the EOI work?
- Create a profile online. This will be valid for one year from the date of profile submission.
- Your profile will be ranked based on the information you provide in your profile application
- The highest-ranking candidates will be invited to submit a complete application to become a PR. If candidates have the same or equal point score then further selection criteria will be applied; such as connection to the province, work experience, and language ability.
- You must make sure that the information you provide is current and accurate. Moreover, if you provide false information or leave out important details, your application will be refused.
If you are selected, then you are going to receive an invitation to apply. You will have 60 days to submit a complete PR application online.
Click here to evaluate your profile and see if you are eligible to submit an EOI.