Caregiver Program

Posted on Posted in Federal Immigration, Immigration Options

As of June 18, 2019, there are several options for Caregivers to immigrate to Canada. However, they must meet the requirements and have a job offer in the specific field.

The previous Caregiver programs, Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs are now replaced by new programs. Those who submitted applications prior to this date will have their applications processed until a final decision is made.

Moving forward, eligible candidates can apply under the following new pilot programs:

  1. Home Child Care Provider Pilot (replaces the Caring for Children program)  
  2. Home Support Worker Pilot(replaces the Caring for People with High Medical Needs program)
  3. Interim Pathway for Caregivers (temporary 3 months)
Home Child Care Provider Piloteligibility:

Job Offer

  • Have a genuine and valid full-time job offer under NOC 4411 from a Canadian employer;
  • The job offer must be made through the Offer of Employment IMM 5983 Form;
  • A Labour Market Impact Assessment is not required;
  • Foster parents are not included.

Language Levels

  • CLB 5 in English or French and a language test must have been taken from an agency approved by (CIC);
  • Include the original language test results when applying;
  • Results must be less than two years old on the day CIC gets your application.


  • A completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year;


  • A completed foreign education credential, and an original Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an organization approved by CIC, show it is equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year.

Work Experience

  • For permanent residence, at least 24 months Full-time experience under NOC 4411 with any relevant employer is required;
  • The job must match the job description for NOC 4411 and all the outlined duties must have been undertaken;
  • Documents such as Job Offers, Contracts, Pay Stubs, and Tax Information may be required for the submission of evidence of work experience;
  • Permanent Residency may be awarded after 2 years of generated work experience in Canada in strictly only in the nominated profession.

Note: Applicants must submit their work permit and permanent residence application together. Those who meet the requirements will first be given a temporary work permit. Thereafter, the permanent residence will be granted after 24 months of acceptable work experience is generated and verified.

Need assistance, Contact Us.