Interim Pathway for Caregivers will be re-opened for 3-months, from July 8, 2019. It will close on October 8, 2019. The Interim Pathway provides a pathway to permanent residence for qualifying caregivers in Canada.
Current status in Canada
- Must have and maintain a valid work permit, OR
- Have a pending work permit extension application, OR
- Have a pending restoration of status for worker application.
Note: You may not be eligible for this program if your work permit was issued under the Live-in Caregiver Program.
- Applicants must have at least 12 months full time work experience gained after November 30, 2014 under NOC skill type 4411 or 4412;
- They must not have been a full time student when working;
- The job descriptions must match (for NOC 4411 and 4412).
- prove his/her ability in English or French CLB 5 and a language test must be taken from an agency approved by (CIC);
- include the original language test results when applying and that must be less than two years old on the day CIC gets your application
- a completed Canadian high school diploma credential of at least one year;
- a completed foreign education credential, and an original Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an organization approved by CIC, to show it is equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year.