The Quebec Investor, Entrepreneur and Self-Employed immigration programs are available to individuals who have acquired entrepreneurial, investor, or self-employed experience and wish to live in the province of Quebec.
Those applicants who wish to immigrate under these programs must show that they are capable of becoming economically established in Quebec, Canada following acceptance. Upon provincial approval, candidates will receive a Certificat de sèlection du Quèbec (CSQ – Quebec Selection Certificate). The CSQ is the official document issued by the government of Quebec that allows an individual to acquire a Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa once health and security clearance have been completed.
There are currently three programs in Quebec for Business Immigration
- Quebec Investor Program: To be qualified as an investor, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$2 million, have 2 years managerial experience and be willing to make a government-secured investment of CAD$1.2 million for a period of five years. Financing of this investment is available through Canadian financial institutions.
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program:
- Stream 1 – one must have a service offer in French from an accompanying organization and present their business project / business plan together with the service offer.
- Stream 2 – here, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$900,000, have 5 years business operation experience and be willing to make a security deposit of CAD$200,000 as insurance and startup deposit of CAD$200,000-CAD$300,000 at an eligible Quebec bank.
- Quebec Self-Employed Person Program: To be qualified as a self-employed person, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$100,000 and must have 2 years work experience in the profession or trade that he or she intends to practice in Quebec. They must also make a start-up deposit of CAD$25,000 – CAD$50,000 depending on the intended residence region.
The Processing Times may vary from one Canadian Immigration Visa Office to another Visa Office depending country of residence.
Quebec Business Immigration Processing Fees differ depending on the category of business immigration:
|Each dependent (Entrepreneurs/self-employed only)||$171|