This province is lodged between Alberta and Manitoba – which makes up the 3 Canadian Prairie Provinces – and is south to the Northwest Territories. Although Saskatchewan is the only province without a natural border, it does have about 100,000 lakes. Its economy thrives on its agriculture, minerals, and potash production.
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) allows Saskatchewan to nominate applicants, who qualify under the criteria established by the province, to the federal government for permanent residency. There is no deadline to apply to the SINP. However, program criteria may change without notice and your application will be assessed according to the criteria in place at the time when the complete application is received. The SINP accepts applications under the following categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
International Skilled Worker Category
This category accepts applications from skilled workers who plan to live and work in the Province of Saskatchewan. Applicants are measured based on a points system. SINP nominates individuals who have the education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other factors to help them successfully establish and integrate into Saskatchewan’s labor market and communities. This category is divided into the following sub-category:
- International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer Sub-Category: Under this sub-category, skilled workers with an offer of skilled employment from a Saskatchewan employer may be eligible to apply for nomination by the SINP.
- International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand Sub-Category: Under this sub-category, skilled workers who do not have an employment offer but are highly skilled in an occupation that is in demand in Saskatchewan may be eligible to apply for nomination by the SINP.
- International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category: Under this sub-category, skilled workers that are in Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Express Entry Pool may be eligible to apply for nomination by the SINP.
Saskatchewan Experience Category
This category is for foreign workers who are currently living and working in Saskatchewan. The category accepts applications under the following five sub-categories:
- Existing Work Permit Sub-Category — This sub-category is for individuals who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under a closed work permit or under a working holiday visa.
- Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker Sub-Category — This sub-category is for those who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under NOC 8431 General Farm Worker or 8432 Nursery and Greenhouse Worker.
- Health Professions Sub-Category — This sub-category is for individuals who have worked as a Physician, a Nurse, or in Other Health professions in Saskatchewan for at least six months.
- Hospitality Sector Project Sub-Category — This sub-category is for individuals that are currently working in Saskatchewan as Food and Beverage Servers, Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers, or Housekeeping and Cleaning Staff for at least six months.
- Long Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category — This sub-category is for individuals that are currently working for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan for at least six months. Drivers must be working in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months before applying.
- Students Sub-Category — This sub-category is for students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. Among the requirements, the student must have worked in Saskatchewan for at least twenty-four months before applying or for six months if the institution is in Saskatchewan.
Entrepreneur and Farm Category
This category is for Entrepreneurs who wish to invest management talent and capital in Saskatchewan, or for individuals with proven farming experience who wish to purchase and operate a farm in Saskatchewan. Candidates interested in owning and actively operating a business or farming operation must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) using the new online EOI system.