The province of British Columbia has announced new entrepreneur immigration – a regional pilot program that will be launched at the beginning of 2019.
To be eligible for this new regional pilot program, interested candidates must establish a business where the population is fewer than 75,000 and be located beyond 30 km of a community of more than 75,000.
The community also needs to demonstrate its capacity to support foreign entrepreneurs through an established network of settlement and business support agencies. Once the community representatives have specific training provided by EI – Regional Pilot, they could host exploratory visits and issue referrals for potential candidates.
Major Eligibility Criteria:
- Must have an exploratory community visit
- Minimum investment in an eligible business is $100,000
- Minimum personal net worth should be $300,000
- Have business experience either as a business owner or senior manager within 5 years
- Have minimum 51% business ownership
- Create a minimum 1 new job
Interested candidates will present their business proposal to the community’s designated pilot representative during their exploratory visit. Then a referral form will be submitted to the BC PNP as a part of the registration of the candidate.
This pilot program is intended for entrepreneurs who are wishing to establish a new business. The enrolment registration is expected to open in early 2019.