The second-largest province and located between Quebec and Manitoba and bordering with the U.S., Ontario is the most populous province in Canada, attracting thousands of visitors and immigrants yearly. It is considered Canada’s economic hub and boasts thousands of lakes, as well as the famous Niagara Falls.
Through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive an Ontario Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow that foreign national to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence with processing times that are faster than other Canadian immigration classes.
The OINP applications under the following immigration categories:
- Employer job offer
- Human capital
- Ontario Express Entry
Employer Job Offer
- Employer Job Offer – Foreign Worker Stream Sub-Category: Under this sub-category, foreign workers with an offer of employment under NOC 0, A or B may be eligible to apply for nomination in Ontario.
- Employer Job Offer – International Student Stream Sub-Category: Under this sub-category, international graduates with a job offer under NOC 0, A or B can apply for permanent residence in Ontario.
- Employer Job Offer – In-Demand Skills Stream Sub-Category: Under this sub-category, workers with job offers in demanded occupations like construction and agriculture can apply for permanent residence in Ontario. (NOC types include 7441, 7521, 8431, 8432, 8611, 7611, 9462).
- Masters Graduate Stream: This sub-category, which is currently operating as a temporary pilot program, targets individuals who have graduated with a Master’s degree from one of Ontario’s publicly funded universities. A job offer is not required.
- PhD Graduate Stream: This sub-category targets individuals who have graduated from a PhD program at one of Ontario’s publicly funded universities. A job offer is not required.
- Corporate Stream: This sub-category aims to help and support established international corporations looking to expand into Ontario or buy an existing business. Once the business has been successfully established, key staff are eligible to apply for a provincial nomination certificate, allowing them to eventually become permanent residents of Canada.
- Entrepreneur Stream: This sub-category is designed to attract individuals who are looking to implement a new business initiative or buy an existing business in Ontario. Successful applicants will obtain a temporary work permit support letter – based on a performance agreement – to establish the business in Ontario. If the investment and job creation agreements outlined in the performance agreement are adhered to, entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to be nominated for Canadian permanent resident status.
Ontario Express Entry
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream: The Stream is for French-Speaking skilled workers who have strong English language abilities and who want to live and work permanently in Ontario. This stream enables the OINP to nominate individuals in the Express Entry pool and who have the required education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other characteristics to help them successfully establish and integrate into Ontario’s labour market and communities.
- Human Capital Priorities Stream: This stream enables the OINP to nominate individuals who are eligible to enter the federal Express Entry pool and who have the required education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other characteristics to help them successfully establish and integrate into Ontario’s labour market and communities.
- Skilled Trades Stream: This stream allows foreign nationals with the necessary work experience in skilled occupations to apply for permanent residence. It allows OINP to nominated individuals under the federal Express Entry Pool.
Need help? – Contact us