Latest Canadian Immigration measure during Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID 19)

Posted on Posted in News

Study Permit, Visitor Visa, Work Permit, and Permanent Residence

Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) won’t refuse your application just in case you can’t complete the next step such as completing a medical examination, submitting your passport, police certificate, and/or Biometrics. You will automatically get 90 days to complete your biometrics.

If you are in Canada as a visitor and your status have not expired you can apply to extend your stay in Canada.

If you are a worker or a student and you are no longer working or studying but your permit has not expired then you can apply to change your status to the visitor.

If your visitor visa, study permit, or work permit has already expired and if it is less than 90 days since your status expired you can apply to restore your status.

You can withdraw your application and IRCC will refund your fee in 24 hours if the application processing has not started.

If you are about to submit your PR through the express entry you still need to submit your application within 60 days of receiving an ITA however you could submit missing documents via Web Form. Make sure you indicate all those missing documents while submitting an application within 60 days.

Permanent Residence Applicants:

If you have applied and approved your permanent residence application, but you can’t travel to Canada before your PR documents expire, you can notify Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) using the web form. When it is possible for you to travel then let the IRCC know using the web form and they will provide you with further instructions to restart the process.

Starting March 16, 2020, and until April 13, 2020 landing appointments will be held by telephone only.

If your confirmation of permanent residence has already expired you can notify the IRCC using the web form explaining why you were not able to travel. Then IRCC will provide you with detailed information to restart processing.

Canadian Citizen Applicants:

IRCC has canceled all citizenship tests, retests, ceremonies, and itinerant service trips until further notice. If you need to submit your documents you will be given an additional 30 days and for medical opinion forms, you will be given additional 45 days to submit. To apply for citizenship you need to make sure that you have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years being a permanent resident.

Refugee in Canada

IRCC has canceled all refugee claimant appointments until April 13, 2020. IRCC will contact you for the new appointment.

You may still submit an in-person refugee claim.

Contact us to discuss your immigration matter.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *