Home Child Care Provider and the Home Support Worker

Posted on Posted in News

The Pilot programs called the Home Child Care Provider and the Home Support Worker relaunched yesterday January 1, 2022, that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the opportunity of becoming permanent residents. A maximum of 2,750 applications are to be accepted for intake each calendar year in each pilot.

If you have a job offer in Canada as a caregiver or have experience working in Canada as a caregiver, you may be able to apply for permanent residence through one of these pilots.

Eligibility for Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot:

  1. Have a genuine and valid full-time job offer (at least 30 hours/week) from a Canadian employer. LMIA is not required. OR
  2. have 24 months of work experience within 36 months in Canada
  3. Have a minimum language skill of CLB 5 in English or French for all 4 language skills – listening, reading, speaking, and writing
  4. have a post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year in Canada
  5. Be admissible to Canada
  6. Plan to live outside the province of Quebec

Family members of applicants are also eligible to come to Canada if they want to work or study in Canada.

If your application is approved, you get a letter that says you’re allowed to work in Canada. Then after working for 2 years in Canada your permanent resident application will be processed. If you already have 24 months of work experience in Canada then you can apply for permanent residency.

Need more information? Contact us!